May Festivities



 May is an exciting month for me. I have several things I'm very enthused about.


 I've learned to make Photoshop brushes, two of which I've included for your viewing pleasure. They are so easy to make and fun! I highly recommend doing a google search to learn this skill. If you have Photoshop and aren't making brushes, you're missing out on a great graphic tool.


Also, my three grand-nieces, ages 12, 10 and 5 years of age, are coming to visit me! We're doing art projects, going to the Aquarium, the Discovery Museum and cruising the Tennessee River. We're having Camp Sissy-Grammy, as I'm their grammy's sister... Logical, huh? Too FUN!


Additionally, an interview I participated in with Monessa Guilfoil, about my greeting card business, aired May 1, by National Public Radio, WUTC, 88.1. As a result, my website that usually has seven to ten hits a week had 110 hits the day the interview aired! Wow, so much for the power of the airwaves. For those of you who missed it, I’m attempting to add an MP3 player to my blog, but no luck so far. I’m sure it’s operator error, but nothing I’ve read and tried has worked. If you want to hear it – and can’t wait for me to figure it out – email me and I’ll send it to you. THAT I can do! :-)


Additionally, May 18, an article that I wrote about migraine headaches, will hit the streets when the May edition of HealthScope Magazine is distributed. This is a Chattanooga-based publication that goes into bookstores, homes, and doctor’s offices and waiting rooms. I am very psyched about the whole process, from having received the assignment, to conducting the research and doctor interviews, to composing the data into an interesting (hopefully,) and informative narrative. My wish is that someone with migraines will read it and discover new facts that may help their life become more manageable.


I’m also working on a compilation of my essays, photographs and art work – sort of like a picture book for adults! It’s interesting to remember that the first book of poems and illustrations I made was in 1975, as a gift for my parents. After their deaths, I found it among their treasures, and I still have it. I was surprised that one so young (21) had such insight into life – although the poems themselves were pretty sappy – the sentiments were deep. I sit back sometimes and try to reconnect to that young girl and assess where we’ve been since then and how we’ve grown!

It’s an exciting month for me. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment